Bugdel Home Page
-- Eclipse plug-in for inserting debugging code with light Aspect-oriented programming ( AOP ) --
downloads[released version 1.6.3 on May 20, 2010]
Bugdel is Eclipse plug-in for
inserting debugging code to Java code.
Bugdel insert debug code by using Aspect-oriented programming.
- A debugging code is inserted in bytecodes (class file). So It is possible to execute bytecodesin execution enviroments other than Eclipse(tomcat runtime ect..).
- Debug mode (JPDA) is not needed to debug.
- It is not necessary to describe a debugging code in a source code(separate debugging code and source code).
- As a debugging code insertion position, a field reference position, a method call position, ect can be specified(also line number can be).
- It is done by GUI to specify a debugging code insertion position(pointcut specification).
- Javassist is used to edit bytecode.
How to use
- Specitication of a debugging code insertion position (pointcut specitication)
- Description of the debugging code (advice description)
- Special Variable
- Special method
- Insertion a debugging code (weave execution)
- Add new field and method(inter-type declaration)
- Test method runner
- Set breakpoint of Eclipse Java debugger
- Setting Default Insert Statement
- Copy Liblary
Bugdel: An Aspect-Oriented Debugging System
Yoshiyuki Usui, Shigeru Chiba
First Asian Workshop on AOSD, In Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC 2005),
IEEE Press, pages 790-795, Taipei, Taiwan, December 2005.